Salmon is a fatty fish, but its fat, due to the large amount of Omega 3 acids it contains, is an added value for health, since our body is unable to produce these acids that have beneficial effects on the heart and strengthen the immune system. Its meat is also rich in vitamins A and D, and phosphorus, essential for the proper functioning of neurons.
- 2 salmon fillets of 150 gr. each.
- 3 egg yolks.
- A few drops of lemon juice.
- 1 glass of cider vinegar.
- Olive oil.
- Salt, chopped parsley.
- Tarragon (fresh or dried).
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- To prepare grilled salmon with béarnaise sauce, follow these steps: Put a saucepan over medium heat with the vinegar and chopped tarragon to taste. Let it reduce almost completely. Reserve.
- Transfer the butter to a bowl, cover with plastic kitchen wrap and melt it in the microwave at minimum temperature. Remove the serum that has formed on top and reserve.
- Pour the yolks with the white wine into another bowl. Put this bowl in a saucepan with a little water. Put on the fire and beat vigorously until the yolks are set. Remove from the heat and gradually add the butter while continuing to beat. Add salt and pepper and add the reserved tarragon vinegar reduction, a few drops of lemon juice and parsley.
- Season the salmon fillets. Fry them in a frying pan with very little oil (first with the skin facing up and then on the other side).
- Serve the salmon with the sauce around it. Garnish with parsley and a few crystals of salt.
- It is essential to clarify the butter to obtain a good béarnaise sauce. It is easily achieved by melting it in the microwave and then letting it sit for the serum to settle. When using it, carefully take the grease that will have remained on top and discard the serum.