Tuna and salmon are blue fish and are characterized mainly by having 5% fat and omega 3. Well, this recipe presents different makis that can be made with salmon and tuna, such as tekka-hoso -maki or sake-hoso-maki. In the following article we show you how to make variations of tuna and salmon maki. For 24 and 12 pieces.
- For all three variations:
- 400 g of prepared sushi rice.
- For the tekka-hoso-maki.
- 150 g of fresh tuna fillets.
- For the sake-hoso-maki.
- 150 g of fresh salmon fillet.
- 2 sheets of nori seaweed.
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi.
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- To prepare the tuna makis, run some water over the tuna fillet and dry it; Remove any remaining spines with tweezers. Cut the steak into strips about 0.5 cm wide.
- Cut the nori seaweed sheets in half, cover them with the rice and spread it with the wasabi. Place the tuna strips on top and roll the preparation with the bamboo mat. Cut each roll into 6 pieces of the same size.
- For the sake-hoso-maki, wash the salmon fillet in cold water, pat dry, and remove the remaining bones with tongs. Cut the steak into 1cm thick strips and form -as described in step 2- a couple of sushi maki rolls.
- For the sake-kawa-futo-maki, wash the lettuce leaves, pat dry and cut into thin strips. Wash the cucumber, pat dry and cut it in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a spoon and cut the cucumber into thin strips.
- Rinse the salmon fillet, pat dry, and remove the bones with tweezers. Sliced fish short oblique thin, pass the starch of potato and fry in hot oil for 2 minutes, turn around and fry 1 minute more.
- Finally you have to place a sheet of whole nori seaweed on the bamboo mat and with moistened hands distribute half of the rice on top. Place half a nori sheet on top and press the whole. Put half of the ingredients on the rice and form a roll with the help of the mat. Make a second roll with the remaining ingredients. Cut both rolls into 6 equal pieces.