The fried fish is one of the most popular and delicious alternatives to consume this food, and although we know that is not the healthiest option, always ideal if we want to change a bit and give us a taste. However, for the fried fish to be really delicious and crunchy, you have to follow some recommendations that will help you get a juicy portion full of flavor. In this article, we explain how to fry fish correctly.
Steps to follow:
- The first thing that is good to take into account when frying fish is the type of fish that we choose. Those fish that are very rich in fatty oils, such as salmon, tuna or sardines, tend not to be fried very well, as the result will be a dish that will feel too oily on the palate, although it is all a matter of taste.
- Among the fish that are usually suitable for frying we find hake, grouper, cod, squid, sole or sea bass. These types of alternatives are ideal for their consistency and because they are lean fish that, combined with the oil, go very well.
- Once you have chosen the fish you want to fry, it is very important to dry it well before frying it, as it is important that the ingredients that we use to cover the fish are well adhered, mixing with the flavor of the food.
- To fry fish you can use the batter or breading technique, either of which works very well. Do you know how to do it? We explain in detail:
- Batter: For this you will need beaten egg and flour previously seasoned with salt, pepper or the desired spices. Pass the fish through the egg and then through the flour until it is well coated. It is ready to fry.
- Breading: It is the same procedure, but instead of flour, breadcrumbs are used. Some people prefer to also add flour to the breading, in this case the fish should be dipped in egg, then in flour and then in breadcrumbs. If you choose breading, it is recommended to leave the fish in the fridge for 15 minutes before cooking it, in this way the bread will adhere better and the end result will be much more delicious.
- It is recommended to fry the fish in a frying pan with plenty of olive oil (or whatever you prefer) very hot. Always do it over medium heat, because if the heat is very high you run the risk that the breading or batter will burn but the fish will not cook well.
- Once the fish is browned on both sides, carefully remove the oil and place on a plate or plate with absorbent paper to absorb the oil and make it much more dry and delicious. Ready! In simple steps you can enjoy a delicious fried fish.