The four-color futo-maki with wasabi is very characteristic since the rice is dyed yellow, red and green. It is an elaborate dish even though it is an original, fun and different way of eating sushi and surely the guests will be surprised. In the following article we give you the recipe for how to prepare four-color large roll sushi with wasabi. For 6 pieces.
- 300 g of prepared sushi rice.
- 4 drops of each of the following colors: red, yellow and green.
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed.
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi.
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- Place the prepared sushi rice in a bowl and mark 10 equal portions on the surface.
- Transfer 2/10 of the rice to a small bowl, add the yellow food coloring and mix carefully with the handle of a spoon until the rice is a nice uniform color.
- Put 1/5 of the white rice in a small bowl, add the red food coloring and carefully distribute it with the handle of a spoon until the rice is a nice uniform color.
- Put 2/10 more of the white rice in another bowl, add the green food coloring and mix carefully with the handle of a spoon until the rice is a nice uniform color.
- To finish, place the sheet of nori seaweed with the smooth side down on a bamboo mat. Arrange layers of rice on top in this order: a layer of uncolored rice, a layer of green rice on top, then a red one, and finally a yellow one. Spread the wasabi on the green rice, roll up the nori seaweed sheet and cut the roll obtained into 6 portions of the same size.
- If you prefer to color your rice with natural products, cook each color separately: yellow with a teaspoon of saffron. For green and red, substitute half the water for spinach or beet juice.