Enjoying the healthy food of a lifetime is a real pleasure. Today we present you a very tasty and very traditional dish that will delight your palate remembering the grandmother’s kitchen. If you want to learn how to make hake in green sauce, be sure to read this article that we have prepared for you. It is an easy recipe to make that supports many varieties, side dishes and ingredients. Discover this rich and complete traditional dish and enjoy the flavor of the traditional recipes.
- 8 slices of hake.
- 15 ml of fish broth.
- 150 g of clams.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- 1/2 onion.
- 1 glass of white wine.
- 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Flour (3 tablespoons for full-bodied sauces and 1 for liquid sauces).
- 4 tablespoons olive oil.
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- Before you start cooking, you will need to soak the clams for a few hours. The purpose of this first step is to ensure that the product releases all its sand, is cleaned and is perfect for cooking. You can leave them in a container with water while you prepare the recipe, it will be enough.
- First, mince the three garlic cloves and the half onion. Remember that the pieces must be very thin. When you have minced both ingredients, pour them into a saucepan where you have incorporated oil and sauté the garlic and onion. Do it over low heat and be careful not to stick or burn these ingredients, as they could leave a bad taste in the whole dish.
- Once both the garlic and the onion are poached, add the tablespoons of flour little by little. It is important that while you pour it into the mixture, you do not stop stirring. Don’t stop for a minute to allow the sauce to gather body. Then add the three tablespoons of chopped parsley and let everything simmer for about half a minute.
- With the mixture made, it is time to add the glass of white wine and evaporate the alcohol, this will happen by letting it boil for a few minutes. Afterwards, you can pour the fish stock, which you may have previously preheated in the microwave or into another container over medium heat.
- With the sauce in progress, it’s time to salt. It is important that you bear in mind that marine products (both hake and clams) already give off some salt, so it is better that you only add a pinch and that you rectify as you are finishing the dish. You can also add a little pepper to give it a different touch. Remember, always salt and pepper to taste and let the sauce rest for approximately 5 minutes, over medium and low heat.
- While we have the sauce over a low heat, it’s time to salt the hake slices, do it on both sides. You should observe that the broth has already thickened a bit and has achieved some body to add the hake to the casserole. To get them done well, you should leave them between 4 and 5 minutes on one side and then on the other. A good trick to get a fabulous sauce is to shake the casserole while the hake slices are being made, so you will get the sauce to bind well.
- With the fish slices being done little by little, the sauce well blended and with good body, it is time to add the final touch to our hake in green sauce. Place them in the casserole and as soon as they are open (normally they take about 3 minutes) it will be time to remove the casserole from the heat.
- Ready! Now you can serve your plate of hake in green sauce and enjoy the authentic cuisine of the grandmother. Discover the flavor of always with this traditional, quick and very simple recipe. Enjoy your meal!