The mussels is one of the seafood most consumed and that, besides being very nutritious and low in calories, are delicious and are very tasty. There are many ways in which we can cook them, whether grilled, with vinaigrette, with seafood, etc. But in the following article we bring you one of the most popular and demanded recipes: the exquisite steamed mussels. It is a very easy recipe to prepare and excellent to take advantage of all its original flavor. Pay attention and discover how to steam mussels in just a few minutes.
- 1 kg of mussels.
- 1/2 glass of water.
- 1/4 lemon.
- 2 bay leaves.
- Coarse salt.
- 1/2 glass of white wine (optional).
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- The ideal way to fully enjoy the flavor of this exquisite recipe to make steamed mussels is to buy, above all, fresh and good quality mussels. Once we have acquired them, the first step is to clean the mussels by removing all barbs and adhesions with the help of a knife and then passing them through water to remove any remaining dirt and dirt. Lastly, let them drain a bit.
- The next step to prepare steamed mussels is to place the cleaned mussels in a rather deep pot. Add to the pot half a glass of water, the bay leaves, a quarter of a lemon and a little coarse salt. If you like it and want to accentuate its flavor, you can also add half a glass of white wine.
- Cover the pot and place it on the heat over medium intensity. Once it comes to a boil, allow 8-10 minutes to wait for the mussels to cook through and open.
- Once this time has elapsed, remove the pot from the heat and begin to remove those mussels that have not been opened and remain closed. It is important that you discard them, as they may be in poor condition.
- When you have all the open mussels gathered, remove a shell, leaving only the shell that has the mussel meat attached and, finally, place them on a plate or platter in an orderly manner.
- As simple as that! In a few moments you will have prepared a tasty plate of steamed mussels, a real delicacy for our palates. If you want, you can add some lemon slices to the plate next to the mussels to improve the presentation.