The octopus with onion is a very tasty recipe that is located along the Mediterranean coast, as popular wisdom has also agreed onion – which has the property of ablandecer- it suits octopus, always a little hard. The octopus with onion is a very typical summer dish and can be served at room temperature and is very rich.
- Small octopus.
- 4-5 medium onions.
- 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- 1 bay leaf (optional).
- Olive oil.
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- Clean and wash the octopuses by removing the mouth, eyes and the ink bag.
- Put them in a saucepan with oil, until they have removed all the water. Add the onion cut into strips and the minced or unpeeled garlic.
- Give it a few turns over medium heat, reduce the heat, covering the pan and leave until the octopuses are cooked and very soft.
- In principle, it is not necessary to add water or broth, since both the octopus and the onion are already loose enough. Not abstante you have to watch it. Add pepper to taste and salt at the end of cooking.
- Present the octopus with onion with some olives or with a little bread.
- If you put the salt at the beginning it hardens the octopus.