Stuffed squid are an excellent second course. It is a strong dish that combines the best fish and seafood from the sea. It is a very spectacular dish because the curious shape of the squid is added to the fact that it is stuffed with vegetables and other fish. It is not a very easy dish to make.
- 8 medium squid.
- 300 g of prawns.
- 1 onion.
- 3 spring onions.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 1 can of tomato.
- 1/2 glass of fish broth.
- 1 glass of cognac.
- Some chocolate (to taste).
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- Clean the squid and put them to drain.
- Peel the prawns and cut them into pieces (save the heads).
- Fry the spring onions in a paella with oil and add the shrimp, the tails and the fins of the squid in pieces.
- When it is golden brown it is flamed with the brandy.
- Fill the squid with the previous preparation, pass them in flour and fry.
- Fry the onion in a saucepan with oil. Add the tomato, garlic, and a little tarragon. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the chocolate, the fish stock, the prawn heads and a little salt and pepper.
- After 10 more minutes you pass it through a strainer and put it back in the casserole along with the squid.
- Leave it for 30 more minutes and rectify the salt.
- Now you can present the stuffed squid on a flat plate accompanied with a good bread.
- It is a laborious dish but it can be done with time.
- You can add a little chocolate.