The tuna with tomato is a delicious dish, healthy, balanced and low – calorie. You need very few ingredients: fresh bonito, pepper, onion and tomato, and with them you can prepare a rich recipe for the whole family to enjoy a good homemade dish. In addition to the fact that it takes a very short time, about 30 minutes, it is a very convenient dish to make, which you can leave prepared in the morning and to drink it, you only have to heat it. What did you want to try it? In this article we give you the recipe to make bonito with tomato.
- 500 grams of bonito from the north.
- 1 onion.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 1 green pepper.
- Tomato sauce.
- Olive oil.
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- To make bonito with tomato, we need good raw material. I advise you to buy the bonito in a fishmonger and that it be as fresh as possible. Our recommendation is that you tell the fishmonger to prepare it in tacos, so it is more convenient to cook because it will barely have thorns, and it is very good for children to eat. The other option is to prepare it in loins. That already depends on your tastes.
- We start with the recipe: take a frying pan and add a little oil and fry the bonito a little. Of course, you must first have washed it very well and dried with absorbent paper. Brown it a little bit on both sides, without getting too fried because then you will have to cook it. Once you have gilded it, reserve it.
- In another pan, prepare the sauce that will accompany our tomato tuna. First, sauté the green pepper that you have cut into small pieces, then add the onion and the sliced garlic clove, and when the sauce is golden, pour in the tomato sauce. Here it is also important to keep in mind that the result varies significantly if what we use is natural tomato sauce, but if you don’t have time, supermarkets sell “homemade” sauces that are very successful.
- Let the sauce marinate for about 20 minutes, over medium heat. Be careful that the sauce doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan, so be sure to keep an eye on it and turn it regularly. Taste it and rectify the salt and pepper. The pepper is optional, it depends on the touch you want to give it.
- When the sauce is ready, the next step to make this bonito with tomato is to add the bonito that you browned in step 2, to the sauce. Lower the heat and let everything cook for about 5 minutes. Be careful that the fish is not overcooked and dry, but it is important that the bonito takes on the flavor of the sauce.
- You already have your bonito with tomato prepared, so you can serve it very hot and accompanied by some homemade potatoes. You will see how successful you are with this homemade dish, which comes in handy: healthy, homemade and tasty food. To enjoy!