Fish meat has a very brittle texture so not all cooking methods work well. This one in particular manages to preserve the shape well, so that the fillets can reach the plate well. Making the hake in the oven makes this rich fish retain all the taste properties of hake. Baked hake is a simple but tasty dish.
- 8 slices of hake.
- 1 onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 sprig of parsley.
- 1 glass of white wine.
- Bread crumbs.
- Olive oil.
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- Cut the onion, garlic and parsley, mix with the breadcrumbs and salt.
- On a baking tray, put a drizzle of oil and the hake slices, and a little salt.
- They are covered with the onion mixture, garlic, parsley and breadcrumbs, add a little more oil and put in the oven rather high.
- After approximately five minutes it is removed from the oven and washed down with the white wine.
- The hake is put back in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes.
- To the mixture of onion, garlic and breadcrumbs you can also add a teaspoon of red paprika or a little crushed tomato.
- You can accompany the baked hake with some baked potatoes.
- If you want the dish to be softer with the wine, you can add a little water.