Preparing sushi does not have to be complicated and even less if we know how to prepare sushi rice. As you know, sushi is the symbol of Japanese cuisine and the secret is in Japanese rice since it is the base of all sushi dishes. We know that some Japanese restaurants are expensive so it is interesting to know how to make your own Japanese dinner. In this way, you will enjoy the kitchen and the pleasure of eating at home with your friends and in the process you will save yourself some money. In the following article, we give you the recipe on how to prepare rice for sushi.
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 175 g of rice.
Steps to follow to make this recipe.
- To start, wash 175g of sushi rice in a colander under running cold water until the water runs clear.
- Then put the rice to boil with 250 ml of water, let it cook for 2 minutes, turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes, with the container covered.
- Let stand 10 more minutes, uncovered. Meanwhile, heat 1 level teaspoon of salt and another of sugar in 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
- To finish, place the rice in a bowl, sprinkle it with the previous preparation and mix it with the chopsticks. You will get about 450g of sushi rice.