Many times when we go to Japanese restaurants we see the different sushi dishes and it seems very difficult to make. But shrimp sushi is not complicated to prepare and it is also very good. It is a simple and uncomplicated dish ideal for beginning cooks. In the following article you can find the recipe for how to make shrimp nigiri.
- 8 raw prawns, unpeeled (approximately 30 g).
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon mirin.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 175 g of prepared sushi rice.
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi.
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- Rinse the prawns under cold water, pat them dry and insert them lengthwise on a metal skewer. Bring 200 ml of salted water to a boil in a saucepan and cook the prawns in the covered container for 4 minutes. Scoop, rinse, and remove from skewers.
- Peel the prawns, except for the tail, cut them in the center lengthwise, but without reaching the other end, and remove the intestinal canal.
- Mix the rice vinegar with 4 tablespoons of the prawn cooking water, the mirin, the lemon sugar and a pinch of salt. Marinate the prawns in this mixture for 10 minutes and let them drain.
- Finally, with wet hands, form 8 oval portions with the sushi rice. Put a shrimp in your left hand, spread it with a little wasabi and place a portion of rice on top. Press with the pugar.