In almost all sushi dishes there is usually a basic ingredient. Rice and nori seaweed. Nori seaweed is what surrounds the ingredients of the maki that has traditionally been grown in Japan, well in the following article the maki that we teach you to make is not very difficult but it is a bit elaborate since it has many ingredients that go wrapped by nori seaweed. In the following article we will show you how to make a shiitake and surimi Futo-maki. For 12 pieces.
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms.
- 2 teaspoons sugar.
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce.
- 3 tablespoons of sake.
- 60 g surimi (4 sticks).
- 1 piece of cucumber about 8 cm.
- 80 g of tortilla.
- 3 sheets of nori seaweed.
- 250 g of prepared sushi rice.
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi.
You will need to:
- A bamboo mat to make the rolls.
- Sharp knife.
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- The first thing to do to prepare the shiitake and surimi makis is to soak the shiitake mushrooms in 200 ml of boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain them through a fine mesh strainer and collect the water from the soak.
- Wash the mushrooms under a stream of cold water and remove the hard feet. Then boil the water in which you soaked the mushrooms for about 10 minutes and add them together with the sugar, soy sauce and sake. Take out the mushrooms, let them cool and cut them into strips.
- Dry the surimi sticks and cut them lengthwise. Wash the cucumber piece, cut it lengthwise in half, remove the seeds and cut it into strips 0.5 cm thick. Cut the tortilla into strips about 1 cm thick.
- Place an entire sheet of nori seaweed on the bamboo mat and, with moistened hands, spread the sushi rice on top, leaving a free margin on the sides. Spread half of the wasabi over the rice.
- Cut a second sheet of nori seaweed in half and place it on the rice so that the two lower ends meet, delimiting the rice. Lightly press the preparation.
- Spread half of the ingredients crosswise on top and form a thick roll with the help of the bamboo mat.
- To finish, form a second roll with the remaining ingredients and cut each one of them into 6 pieces of the same size.
- Cut the rolls into about six servings.
- To spread the rice over the seaweed, moisten your hands to prevent the rice from sticking.