The hake is a very nutritious and delicious whitefish even tend to like smaller house. It can be cooked in different ways and elaborate very varied recipes with it, from the classic battered hake to hake accompanied with a parsley sauce, for example. In this article we present a new way to cook it, but the end result is incredible, take note of the step by step and discover how to make Portuguese hake.
- 8 hake fillets.
- 32 toothpicks (4 per filet).
- 1 large red bell pepper.
- 1 large onion.
- 600 grams of potato (150 grams per person).
- 1 pot of peas.
- 1 can of tomato sauce, pear tomatoes or 6 pear tomatoes.
- Garlic and parsley.
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
Steps to follow to make this recipe.
- The first step in making this Portuguese hake recipe is to peel and chop the onion into small pieces, and also cut the red pepper into thin strips.
- Next, chop and mince the garlic and parsley. Then, stretch the hake fillets on the marble and on the inner side, place the garlic, parsley and salt. Roll up all the fillets and pierce them with the toothpicks as you see in the image.
- With the fillets done, brown the onion with the red pepper in a wok or casserole with a little oil. When the vegetables release water, add a little salt over them and then finish by adding the fillets.
- Add the tomato sauce, a little water and stir well so that all the ingredients are integrated. It does not matter if there is a lot of water left, as this will eventually evaporate.
- Cut the potato into 2 cm x 2 cm cubes and add it when you see that the hake begins to “dry out” (a sign that it is cooking). Keep cooking over low heat and add the potato. Remember that the latter absorbs water, so if you see the sauce dry, add a little more water. When the potato begins to soften, add the peas.
- Ready! Remove from the heat once you check that the potatoes are soft, serve on plates and you can now enjoy this rich Portuguese hake.