One of the freshest, lightest and most delicious recipes in Peruvian cuisine is fish ceviche, perfect to snack with friends, to eat on the hottest days when it provokes a refreshing dish and to serve as a starter and impress everyone. Diners. The key, beyond its preparation, is to choose a fresh and quality fish so that the flavor is delicious because do not forget that this dish is macerated with the acid of the lemon and not using another technique, so the freshness of the fish is essential. In this article we explain in detail how to make a scrumptious fish ceviche.
- 4 fillets or portions of white fish such as grouper, hake or sole.
- 2 large lemons.
- 1 onion preferably purple.
- 1 Peruvian chili pepper or hot chili pepper.
- Coriander to taste.
- Corn chips to accompany (optional).
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- The Peruvian ceviche recipe that we offer you is the traditional one, so both the cooking times and the ingredients are those that are typically used in this dish. In the white fish ceviche it is possible to add for example shrimp or shrimp to give a different touch, something completely optional.
- It is important to have something very clear: ceviche is always made with fresh and quality white fish, never with frozen fish. This aspect is essential to obtain a good, juicy dish with a powerful flavor. Another essential aspect is the maceration time, which should not exceed 10 minutes as the fish should not be overcooked in the lemon, otherwise it will be very hard and will lose that smooth texture typical of this dish.
- To start making your Peruvian ceviche you will have to peel and cut the purple onion into julienne strips, then it is recommended to place it in a container full of water and leave it submerged for 15 minutes while you do the rest of the preparation, this simple measure will help the flavor of the onion is not so strong on the plate, allowing the other ingredients to be felt clearly.
- Next you must wash, open and remove all the seeds and veins of the Peruvian yellow pepper. If this type of chili is not easily available where you live, you can substitute it for hot chili, but keep in mind that you should always remove the seeds and internal veins, otherwise the chili will add a too spicy flavor to the dish that can be very strong for some. Chop it into thin strips and reserve.
- Chop other coriander to taste also in small pieces, personally I like ceviche with a lot of coriander but this is the decision of each chef. Reserve and proceed to clean and cut the fish into cubes, ensuring that they are not too large so that they can be eaten well.
- Now comes the most important part of the preparation: the mash. In a large container add all the ingredients and add the juice of two large lemons and salt to taste. Stir very well and let it rest for a maximum of 10 minutes, during which time you can prepare the table and serve the corn chips to accompany, if you wish, this delicious dish.
It is recommended to serve the ceviche accompanied by its juice.