Few recipes are as simple but at the same time as tasty as grilled shrimp, and these crustaceans are one of the greatest delicacies of the sea. Whether for a special celebration or to eat any other day of the year, this prawn preparation can be done in a matter of minutes and will delight all your guests. Don’t wait any longer and discover in this article how to make grilled shrimp.
- 12-15 prawns (for 4 people).
- A handful of coarse salt.
- Olive oil.
- Garlic and parsley (optional).
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- First of all, it should be noted that there are different types of prawns, as well as different sizes of this crustacean: red prawn, red prawn, pink prawn, etc. Likewise, you will see how the price between the different kinds of shrimp can vary a lot, so you should choose the ones that best suit your needs and budget.
- You can also choose to buy frozen prawns, which are usually cheaper and you can easily keep them in your freezer for a long time. In this case, before preparing your grilled prawns, you should let them thaw or put them in water to speed up the process.
- To start preparing the grilled prawns, you will have to put a little olive oil on the grill or frying pan along with a good handful of coarse salt. You will not need to add too much oil or else you will boil the prawns, while you will have to create a kind of bed of salt, on top of which you will cook the prawns. Then put it on fire to heat it up.
- Once the oil is very hot but not smoking, you should place the prawns on the grill or pan and turn them over when you see that they begin to change color.
- You should let them cook on both sides and, if you wish, you can add a minced garlic and parsley on top to flavor the prawns, although this step is totally optional. You can also choose to serve them directly from the griddle or with a little lemon and mayonnaise.