There are many ways to prepare stuffed squid, although some of them are too caloric. That is why in this article we teach you how to make light stuffed squid. We have lightened the traditional recipe, which provides about 760 kilocalories per serving, to a “light” one, of no more than 460. The recipe that you will read below is designed for four diners.
- 50 grams of small peeled prawns.
- 4 squid (with legs and fins) between 150 and 200 grams.
- 1 hard-boiled egg.
- 2 medium onions.
- 150 grams of carrots.
- 150 grams of cooked spinach.
- 30 grams of peas.
- 4 ripe tomatoes.
- 1 can of tuna in olive oil.
- Olive oil.
- 1 dl of white wine.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Black pepper powder.
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- First of all, to know how to make light stuffed squid you must clean the squid well. Separate the legs and fins and cut them into small pieces. The thick part of the squid will contain the filling. Reserve everything.
- Then fry the prawns with a little oil and add the minced garlic, the cooked spinach, the hard-boiled egg, the tuna (well drained) and the legs and fins of the squid. Stir everything and, once you are done and it has cooled a bit, make a dough with it. As you can see, the filling of this squid dish is quite light and nothing heavy will be done when it comes to digestion.
- Fill the squid with the dough and close them with the help of a toothpick. Make sure it is well sealed so that, when cooking the light stuffed squid, the content does not spread on the outside. Now, in a pan with a little oil, we turn it over and over so that it browns a little and we reserve it again.
- The next step is to start with the sauce for the light stuffed squid: in the same pan we just used, fry the finely cut onions and the carrots – diced. We add the wine and let it reduce.
- Grate the tomatoes and let the mixture cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring from time to time so that it does not stick. Next, we pass it through a Chinese strainer and place it in a clay pot along with the squid and peas. Season with salt and pepper and let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Once finished, our recipe for light stuffed squid can be plated and served with bread to be able to slice the sauce to taste.