The octopus is one of the most exquisite food offered by the sea and, because of its versatility, we can prepare it in different ways obtaining as a result very tasty but very different dishes. In addition to the spectacular Galician octopus, another recipe that you should try is that of garlic octopus, ideal to enjoy this mollusk either for lunch or dinner. Pay attention to the ingredients you need and get to work to prepare the following garlic octopus recipe that we show you in this article.
- 1 and a half kg of octopus.
- 8 cloves of garlic.
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika.
- Black pepper.
- 1 bay leaf.
- Olive oil.
- 500 g of prawns to accompany (optional).
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- First of all, it is important that if you have bought fresh octopus, you clean it properly to remove any remaining dirt before cooking it, as well as gutting it in case it has not been done to you at the fishmonger.
- Once it is well cleaned, it is time to cook the octopus. To do this, put a large pot on the fire, fill it with water and bring it to a boil. When it reaches the boiling point, you will have to take the octopus by the head and introduce it and remove it from the boiling water three times in a row to prevent it from peeling during cooking. Then, let the octopus cook over medium-high heat for at least 30 to 45 minutes so that it is very tender.
- Is the octopus cooked yet? Perfect, now wait for it to cool and proceed to cut it into slices and then cook it in a clay pot preferably with a splash of olive oil. When you see that the octopus begins to smoke, remove it and reserve it on a plate to cook it again later.
- The next step to make this garlic octopus recipe is to prepare the rest of the ingredients. Start by peeling and mincing the garlic into very fine pieces so that they are not noticeable when eating this dish, and add them in the same clay pot with the bay leaf. Let the garlic brown slightly and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Next, add the peeled prawns together with the garlic and wait a few minutes for them to sauté. Adding the prawns to this recipe is optional, but if you like this seafood you will see that the end result will be a very tasty dish. Finally, add a tablespoon of sweet paprika, stir so that the flavor of all the ingredients is mixed and put the chopped octopus back in the casserole.
- You just have to let everything cook for about 6 minutes and your garlic octopus will be prepared and ready to serve.